What is an RCF file ? An RCF file stands for Reference Configuration File and contains a basic certified configuration for the Netapp CN1610 intercluster switches
Currently the latest version of RCF file for Netapp CN1610 intercluster switches is 1.1, however we had 2 switches that were on version 1.0 and in need of an upgrade.
Netapp CN1610 RCF File Upgrade
The process is quiet simple:
- download the latest RCF file from Netapp Support
- Log into the Netapp CN1610 switch
- show running-config CN1610_CS_RCF_v1.0_old.scr (makes a copy of the current config as a script file)
- copy tftp://tftp-ip-address/CN1610_CS_RCF_v1.1.txt nvram:script CN1610_CS_RCF_v1.1.scr (copies the txt file to a script file on the switch)
- script list (lists all script files on the switch)
The final step is to apply the newly uploaded script file.
At this point, take a backup of your configuration. When you apply the script configuration file, it does not blow away your current running-config file, it actually appends changes to your current config.
To apply the newly uploaded script file:
- script apply CN1610_CS_RCF_v1.1.scr
- write mem (save configuration)
The post Netapp CN1610 Intercluster Switch RCF File Upgrade appeared first on SYSADMINTUTORIALS IT TECHNOLOGY BLOG.