Getting Started With WordPress For Business (and Serious Bloggers!)
THIS CLASS IS FULL. JOIN THE EMAIL LIST TO BE NOTIFIED FIRST ABOUT UPCOMING CLASSES, AND RECEIVE DISCOUNT CODES
Have an idea for a business or blog and need to get a website up and running at minimal expense? These workshops will provide step-by-step instruction for using self-hosted WordPress and plenty of hand-holding where necessary! Get all your questions answered in a friendly,comfortable environment.
This is a 2 part workshop, although each part stands alone, so you may attend either day separately, or purchase both days at a discounted price.
Part 1 – The Basics – Installing and Using WordPress – Saturday, January 29th – 1:45pm – 4pm
Part 2 – Essential Features For A Successful Site – Saturday, February 5th – 1:45pm – 4pm
each workshop is $50, or buy both for $75
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Bring your laptop, this is a hands-on workshop!
Space is LIMITED so register early. There will be a max of 10 attendees on each day.
If you have any questions about the workshops, please email me: email@example.com
Part 1 – The Basics – Installing and Using WordPress – Jan 29th
You will need:
– A domain name registered and a webhosting account, and the usernames/passwords for your account. (Contact me if you need help setting up these things before the workshop)
The workshop will cover:
- How to install WordPress on your server
- Explanation of WordPress settings and options
- How to create content
- posts vs. pages
- categories, tags
- using images & media
- how to choose a theme
- resources for finding themes
- considerations, what to look for in a theme
- what are plugins?
- how to use and install plugins
- Backing up your site
- Blogging best practices
After Part 1 of the workshop you will be able to get your site running and add content to it.
Part 2 – Essential WordPress Features For A Successful Site – Feb 5th
You’ve got your basic site set-up, but what are some of the key features you’ll need for a successful business site or blog?
- RSS subscriptions
- what is RSS, why is it important
- rss via email and how to implement
- How to build an email list
- how to implement email subscriptions, best practices for email marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- best practices and fundamentals
- Social Media
- Tools and tips for integrating your blog with your social media channels
- Track website traffic with Google Analytics
- installing Analytics
- understanding reports
- Making best use of your site’s ‘real estate’
- How to organize your site for your type of blog/business
- Useful plugins and resources
- question & answer time
If you plan on attending only Part 2 of the workshop, I recommend you already have a WordPress site installed since we will not be going over basic set-up.