Are you ready for some NFTs news?
We've prepared a new article that covers the latest news and updates in the world of Web3 and NFTs. Read on to stay up-to date!
📈 Macro – NEXT UNICORN COMPETITION, Hodlezz;
🗞️ Last week's news – Ordinals, Brave, Binance, Magic Eden;
💰 Investments/Financing – Pomerium, Burgercities, Kakao Investment, Vertex Labs, BoomLand;
📣 Projects news/Updates – .Swoosh, Reddit, Mfers, Bitcoin Bear Cubs, Pudgy Penguins;
⚖️ Legal – Metaverse Lawyer writes about where not to use crypto if you go on vacation there;
🐈 Veefriends – VeeCon 2024;
⚙️NFTility, by Mtk – ITFK;
📚 Dictionary – Fiat, Legal Tender;
💸 Sale of the week – Punk #6106;
1.NEXT UNICORN COMPETITION
NFT Bucharest together with the Federation of Emerging Technologies launches NEXT UNICORN COMPETITION. Romania's National Bitcoin Team reopens the pre-selections and challenges all Web 3 projects to a duel.
NEXT UNICORN COMPETITION aims to identify and support an innovative project in structuring, reviewing and developing the business by subsidising a €50,000 package of consultancy services provided by VD Equity Ventures and JASILL Accounting and Business.
- registration period: 30 May 2023 – 13 June 2023
- project submission period: 13 June – 23 June 2023
- jury period: 23 June 2022 – 27 June 2023
- Announcement of selected project: 27 June 2023 via the It's NFTime Newsletter;
- incubation: 1 July 2023 – 31 December 2023
- How to apply: Whitepaper sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- eligibility criteria: web 3.0 project, good reputation, team members subscribed to the It's NFTime newsletter;
- evaluation criteria (1-10): solution, feasibility, social impact, environmental impact, financial plan, scalability, business model, technology, risk factors, team.
- jury: Roxana Pistolea, Endi Ungureanu, Sergiu Vasilescu, Flavius Jakubowicz, Alexandru Păduraru, Felix Crișan
Hodlezz, a digital asset manager, gives you a complete view of your crypto portfolio and NFTs, bringing together data from over 40 crypto exchanges, blockchains and wallets, all in one app that doesn't depend on a specific blockchain (blockchain agnostic). What's more, Hodlezz works like a personal assistant, giving you details about your assets and detailed analytics through tables, charts and reports applied directly to your aggregated portfolio returns.
Hodlezz combines information from centralised and decentralised sources, giving you a complete and synchronised digital portfolio. It also brings you the latest news from the web3.
No matter where you are, you can stay connected to your portfolio with the Hodlezz mobile app, available for both iOS and Android. It gives you the same data aggregated and synchronised in real time.
The information in your portfolio is collected through "connectors". These are key elements of the Hodlezz ecosystem, allowing you to gather data about your assets from various platforms such as Binance, AscendEX, Kraken, Ethereum, Solana, MultiversX, Polygon and various wallets, with more to be added soon.
Once again big thanks to Hodlezz frens! Give them a follow, they sure don't stop there.
🗞️ News from last week
- The Chinese city of Nanjing is launching a government-supported metaverse platform to promote and improve metaverse research across the country.
- Impressive growth for Bitcoin aka Ordinals listings. Bitcoin becomes the second most popular blockchain for NFTs, generating sales of $173M in the last 30 days alone.
- Brave brings a new utility to NFTs and POAPs, introducing restricted access video calls through NFTs.
- Binance launches Binance NFT Loan, allowing holders of NFTs to borrow Ethereum using blue-chip NFTs as collateral with no repayment term.
- Magic Eden launches Chapter II, a rewards system where users receive 0.25% in $SOL for buying or selling NFTs on their marketplace.
💰 Investments / Financing
- Pomerium gets $20M investment to expand its blockchain gaming portfolio and drive innovation in the Web3 gaming sector.
- Burgercities, a Play&Earn MetaFi platform, attracts $4M in an investment round, reaching a total valuation of $50M.
- Kakao Investment secures $2M for GoodGang Labs, an avatar-based communications company in the AI-supported metaverse.
- Vertex Labs has acquired Digimental Studio, the company behind 3D NFT fashion brand HAPE, for $12M.
- BoomLand received $1M for blockchain game development. Polygon and Magic Eden are among its investors.
📣 Projects news / Updates
- Nike's .SWOOSH NFTs sale was a real success: 80k OF1 boxes sold to 30k+ buyers, generating over $1M.. in bear market!
- Reddit released a limited amount of free Rabbids avatars from Ubisoft in the form of NFTs, and users quickly claimed them.
- Mfers is migrating completely to blockchain and working with Lowe's to store the collection in a robust way.
- Bitcoin Bear Cubs joins Magic Eden as the first 10k collection launched on the Ordinals platform from @MEonBTC.
- Pudgy Penguins announces the launch of "Shark Suit", a limited edition toy available in just 150 copies exclusively on @NTWRKLIVE.
Bali will crack down on foreign tourists using cryptocurrencies as payment.
Summer's coming, we're planning our holidays, so if you're planning to get around Bali, we thought you should know.
The Bali provincial government will crack down on foreign tourists who use crypto as a means of payment in hotels, restaurants, tourist destinations, shopping malls and other places.
"Foreign tourists who misbehave, do activities that are not allowed in their visa permit, use crypto as a means of payment and violate other provisions will be dealt with firmly," Bali Governor Wayan Koster said Sunday. Interesting the inclusion of crypto use in the listing and especially the threat of using firmness, curious what that means 😆
"Strict actions range from deportation, administrative sanctions, criminal sanctions, closure of business premises and other harsh penalties," Koster said. Uhm… really harsh 😬
Koster said the ban on using currencies other than rupiah as a means of payment in Indonesia refers to Law No. 7 of 2011 on Currency. Under Law No. 7 of 2011, if someone uses forms of currency other than rupiah, then they can be punished with imprisonment of up to one year and a maximum fine of Rp 200 million (USD 13,300).
"Persons who conduct foreign exchange business without permission from Bank Indonesia may be punished by imprisonment of a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years and a minimum fine of 50 million rupiah ($3,300) and a maximum of 22 billion rupiah ($1.4 million)," Koster said.
Meanwhile, the head of BI's representative office in Bali, Nugroho, said that crypto as an asset is allowed, but is banned as a payment instrument.
So if you end up in Bali on holiday keep your crypto in your wallet🤑 or else…
Today we want to introduce you to a super interesting toolkit for creators called Bueno. Bueno helps you through the whole creation process, from art generation to mint, and allows you to do it without any programming knowledge.
With Bueno, you can easily generate and launch collections of up to 10,000 NFTs. You don't have to worry about writing complex code or understanding technical terms because Bueno makes the whole process easy to use.
Bueno provides you with some super useful tools:
Bueno Generator. It is one of the most helpful tools if you want to launch a collection of NFTs. You can upload your art, create your collection and customize different settings such as rarity. In just a few minutes, your collection can be ready to launch! Most excitingly, Bueno supports both the Ethereum and Solana networks, giving you flexibility in choosing where to display your creations. You can create and customize your collection at no charge. You only pay when you're ready to export tokens. Prices are as follows: 0.0001 ETH per token. For example, if you have 100 NFTs, the cost would be 0.01 ETH. If you have 1,000 NFTs, the cost would be 0.1 ETH, and for 10,000 NFTs, the cost would be 1 ETH.
Bueno Contract. Launching your smart contract is child's play with Bueno Smart Contract Deployer. You can easily deploy ERC721A contracts to Ethereum and Polygon networks. Most importantly, the Deployer is free! You'll just have to pay the gas fees associated with deploying your contract. Bueno gives you full control over your contract and its operations while handling the technical complexities. When it comes to selling your tokens, Bueno will take 5% of the primary sales, while the secondary royalties are fully controlled by you. If the mint price is set to zero, Bueno charges nothing, since 5% of zero is still zero.
Bueno Forms. With Bueno Forms, you have the flexibility to create custom forms that perfectly fit your needs and your collecting community. You can add fields that require connecting people to their wallets, checking ETH balance, Discord role, token ownership, and more.
With Bueno you have the power to create amazing digital objects, implement your contracts effortlessly and connect with a vibrant community.
Explore the possibilities offered by Bueno and unleash your creativity.
It's been a week since I left VeeCon; in the last edition I made a summary of the highlights of the event, surely there are many things I have omitted as it was a very large event, impossible to touch all the activities and attractions even in 5 of us from Romania this edition. In twitter space from 30 May, live from Binance Meetup in Timisoara, we talked about the value of events that combine art and technology, and to succeed in planting a seed of desire to participate in greater numbers in 2024, and in the coming months to work together to make it happen. I leave here a short video summary of the 3 days of fire in Indianapolis.
One of the best things that ever happened to millennials in Romania was the appearance of the second iteration of the internet. Because changing digital consumption habits have led to the exponential growth of web 2 native content and products, then accelerated by the era of mobile apps, have allowed the curious exposure to information that would otherwise have been difficult or impossible to access.
Thus a parallel, informal and universal education system emerged that knew no geographical or cultural barriers. A kind of Wild West of learning, with good and bad, made up of everything from fluff articles to academic papers.
Tom Bilyeu is one of the people who knew how to harness the power of web 2, and one of the products he built, Impact Theory University, is creating its first bridge to the third stage of the internet with the Impact Theory Founders Key collection.
Launched in October 2021 the collection has been divided as follows:
- Relentless – 10,000 tokens
- Heroic – 3,814 tokens
- Legendary – 2,700 tokens
Legendary and Heroic owners get, among other things, free lifetime access to ITU courses and Relentless owners get a 50% discount.
Like other projects that are born in an immature market, ITFK has had a rough time, with a lot of FUD created by some of the community members. Those who no longer wanted to be part of the project had the opportunity to have their mint funds returned. A smart decision a founder can make when two key aspects of the system they are creating work in unison: long-term vision and financial stability.
Until next time, I wish you all good learning and purpose.
- FIAT– FIAT money is a currency issued by a government, accepted as legal tender, not backed by a physical asset such as gold or silver, but by the government that issued it. The US dollar or euro is FIAT money. Bitcoin is not. At least for the moment. Although we already have one exception: El Salvador.
- Legal Tender– is any means of payment recognised by law as a means of discharging a public or private debt or fulfilling a financial obligation, including payments of taxes, contracts and fines or statutory damages. National currency is the legal tender in almost all countries. Everyone is legally obliged to accept legal tender for all payments. As I said, Bitcoin is legal tender in El Salvador.
💸 Sale of the week
Guess what? Crypto Punk #6106 managed to sell out again at the same price! Exactly 167.5 ETH. It's like living on Groundhog Day.
- Official Website
- NF-Tim – Our official NFTs Collection
- Official Website