How to Remove Microsoft Windows Ghost Adapters
Within a virtual environment it is common to easily add and remove network adapters to a Windows Server. However sometimes these network adapters do not get removed properly and can cause issues.
Simply going into Device Manager and selecting View – Show hidden devices does not always display the removed NIC.
1. First up open a new admin command prompt (run as administrator)
2. Type in C:>set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
3. Now open up Device Manager (Start – Run – devmgmt.msc)
4. Click on the View Menu and select Show Hidden Devices
5. Expand Network Adapters and you will see the Network Cards that you previously removed
The post Microsoft Windows Ghost Network Adapters in Device Manager appeared first on SYSADMINTUTORIALS IT TECHNOLOGY BLOG.